We are pleased to announce that PD+I 2014 will take place at the Guoman Tower Hotel in London.
Want to play a part in PD+I 2014? Get in contact to find out about the opportunities available.
Marketing Director Sustainable Solutions & Biomaterials
Marcel Dartee works as Global Marketing Director Biomaterials & Sustainable Solutions to develop and implement the global bio-material strategy for PolyOne. Marcel started his career at Dow and has 12 years of experience in biomaterials including Cargill, NatureWorks and Hycail (PLA start-up). Throughout his career he has held various roles in management positions in R&D, Innovation Management, Business Development, and Sales & Marketing and has been awarded with the Green Chemistry Challenge Award (1996)
Marcel also served as an elected board member of European Bioplastics, the European biopolymer association and the BCPN, the Dutch Biodegradable products association. Recently he was co-founder of the NRK Bio-based, the NRK is the Dutch converter & processing association. Currently he serves on the BioPlastics Council of SPI.
Marcel has a Masters Degree in Chemical Engineering from the Technical University of Delft, the Netherlands and Masters Degree in Business Administration from the Rotterdam School for Management, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Countdown to the event:
- “A thought provoking and stimulating event tackling a wide range of contemporary design issues in an engaging and thoughtful way.”
James Moultrie, Head of Design Management Group, Cambridge University
- "Product Design+ Innovation offers a unique opportunity to meet the thought leaders of product design. A high level of debate and great engagement from the organisers made this a pleasure to attend.”
Alexandra Deschamps-Sonsino, Designswarm
- “I learned a lot in a short time about some new and interesting aspects to product design.”
Peter Marsh, Manufacturing editor, Financial Times
- “Product Design + Innovation is the only conference I know that properly covers the full scope of the modern Industrial Design profession, from products and interaction to services.”
Gus Desbarats, Chairman, TheAlloy and Director, BDI Association
- “This conference is a great place to hear from and meet some of the liveliest minds in the Design and Innovation businesses.”
Paul Sloane, Author and Speaker on lateral thinking, innovation and leadership, Destination Innovation
- “There was great dialogue, balanced perspectives and an unusually high standard of speakers and content. What set it apart more than anything, was seeing such a range of talented people who were happy to share their work, rather than harp on about theories and process. ”
Jason Mesut, Head of User Experience, RMA – an NTT Data Company
- “The Product Design + Innovation conference brings together many heavyweights from the industrial design sector, so as a delegate you’re not just getting one firm’s view, you’re getting a big picture of where the industry stands, trends and future developments.”
Paul Priestman, Designer and Co-Founding Director, Priestmangoode
- “PD+I was a perfectly well organized conference that was very inspiring for me, even though (or maybe because) I am not trained as a designer,”
Dr. Eike Jahnke, Product Manager @ Styrolution, PhD Chemistry
- “The Product Design + Innovation Conference again featured an impressive line-up of speakers. More than listening to inspiring stories, the audience is encouraged to get involved and so interesting discussions about product design arise. Being part of that is great pleasure!”
Stijn De Rijck, Marketing Manager AMS, Materialise NV
- “All in all, the PD+I conference treated industrial designers to an invigoratingly broad range of discussion and debate. With some of the most thought provoking perspectives coming from outside the industry, we're reminded that the surest way to avoid the perils of hype is to escape the design bubble to engage with, and strive to understand, the intricacies of other fields.”