We are pleased to announce that PD+I 2014 will take place at the Guoman Tower Hotel in London.
Want to play a part in PD+I 2014? Get in contact to find out about the opportunities available.
PD+I 2014........Where industrial designers meet
With three years under its belt as the leading event for industrial designers, PD+I returns in 2014 with new branding, a new venue and a new programme. The stellar line up of speakers includes well-known brands, design leaders from across Europe and luminaries from the worlds of advertising, management consulting and finance.
The theme of this year’s conference is ‘Making stuff happen’. While there may be more appetite for innovation now, since the economic crash resources are tighter and there is less appetite for risk. Yet there does seem to be more openness to doing things differently, especially if the process is faster, cheaper and produces a more effective product.
Here are just a few of the thought leaders that will feature at PD+I 2014: Dee Cooper, Carole Favart, Paul Flowers, Sir John Hegarty, Pierre-Yves Panis, Gavin Procter, Richard Seymour, Bill Sermon, Ralph Ardill and many others.
Bookings made before 15th April 2014
- One day rate - £285 + VAT
- Two day rate - £525 + VAT
Bookings made on or after 15th April 2014
- One day rate - £345 + VAT
- Two day rate - £625 + VAT
Countdown to the event:
- “A thought provoking and stimulating event tackling a wide range of contemporary design issues in an engaging and thoughtful way.”
James Moultrie, Head of Design Management Group, Cambridge University
- "Product Design+ Innovation offers a unique opportunity to meet the thought leaders of product design. A high level of debate and great engagement from the organisers made this a pleasure to attend.”
Alexandra Deschamps-Sonsino, Designswarm
- “I learned a lot in a short time about some new and interesting aspects to product design.”
Peter Marsh, Manufacturing editor, Financial Times
- “Product Design + Innovation is the only conference I know that properly covers the full scope of the modern Industrial Design profession, from products and interaction to services.”
Gus Desbarats, Chairman, TheAlloy and Director, BDI Association
- “This conference is a great place to hear from and meet some of the liveliest minds in the Design and Innovation businesses.”
Paul Sloane, Author and Speaker on lateral thinking, innovation and leadership, Destination Innovation
- “There was great dialogue, balanced perspectives and an unusually high standard of speakers and content. What set it apart more than anything, was seeing such a range of talented people who were happy to share their work, rather than harp on about theories and process. ”
Jason Mesut, Head of User Experience, RMA – an NTT Data Company
- “The Product Design + Innovation conference brings together many heavyweights from the industrial design sector, so as a delegate you’re not just getting one firm’s view, you’re getting a big picture of where the industry stands, trends and future developments.”
Paul Priestman, Designer and Co-Founding Director, Priestmangoode
- “PD+I was a perfectly well organized conference that was very inspiring for me, even though (or maybe because) I am not trained as a designer,”
Dr. Eike Jahnke, Product Manager @ Styrolution, PhD Chemistry
- “The Product Design + Innovation Conference again featured an impressive line-up of speakers. More than listening to inspiring stories, the audience is encouraged to get involved and so interesting discussions about product design arise. Being part of that is great pleasure!”
Stijn De Rijck, Marketing Manager AMS, Materialise NV
- “All in all, the PD+I conference treated industrial designers to an invigoratingly broad range of discussion and debate. With some of the most thought provoking perspectives coming from outside the industry, we're reminded that the surest way to avoid the perils of hype is to escape the design bubble to engage with, and strive to understand, the intricacies of other fields.”